Saturday, March 19, 2011

Effing progression

Writing this in the moment, before I go to bed and pass out.

Progression takes place on many fronts.  The two that come to mind immediately are raid/guild progression versus personal progression.

As a guild, we’re 3 out of 12 for T11 content.We are five or six weeks in to this, and the going trend seems to be that we take around three weeks to really get the dance for a new boss down. If that be the case, we could down Maloriak in as few as one and as many as two weeks, except we’re concerned that our gear isn’t up to the challenge.  We are studying Atramedes now.  We return to Halfus tomorrow and then contemplate fabulous dragons. 4/12 seems unlikely this week, statistically, but one never knows what the element of chance might bring.

On a personal level, I am very happy with the improvements I’ve been able to effect in my damage output. To bump it up a notch, I am considering MM as an off spec to see how it fares. BM did not do very well on the test dummies. Oh, it was close enough, but down by 1K to 2K, and the BM-specific pets did not bring anything to the table that would cause me to not use my highest DPS pet.  So, Survival it is, for now, and we’ll eval MM for a while on the side.

Right now, my Achilles heel is awareness.  For example, I died once to a poison bomb because I didn’t realize he was right where I was planning to run when I got tagged. Execution is sometimes a weak spot, though I am also improving there. For example, I was the only hunter this time on Magmaw, so all trapping was solely my job. I missed that once, and we ate some larvae.  Thankfully, we were able to recover. But still.

On a personal level, I am pleased with progress, both as a guild and as myself. Progression does not mean perfection. But we are showing signs of improvement all the time, and that encourages me in what the future may bring.

Well, done, you effing raid team!