Friday, May 14, 2010

Well, what DO you like? (1)

You know, I need to be working on the underpinnings of the blog rather than adding to the pile, but sometimes I can't help myself.

Today Tobold comments on lost skills, such as completing the Heigan Dance in Naxx. Eventually it concludes with a yet-another-thing-I-don't-like-about-WoW kicker.

I can't begin to say how many times I've seen this from people, how many times they spend pages and pages on things they hait about this game.

UR doing it wrong. (2)

Stop and ask yourself: what DO you like about this game? Anything? At all?

I enjoy this game immensely. I love the camaraderie, the chemistry of a group of good friends going after yet another boss, the humor of the game, of its creators, and its players. I love how we've extended this game into the real world, how the humor of WoW and MMORPG (3) has permeated real life. I love Leeeeroy Jenkins and all his spiritual kin, and I absolutely adore the magnificent job they've done creating this virtual world, in scenery as well as in lore.

There's so much to like in this game. It's a pity people spend so much on the things they don't.

Sure, there's things that can be improved. But unless you're lucky enough to get phone calls from Greg Street, it's mostly just pissin' in the wind.

Respectfully: lighten up.

OK, off to settle template issues, get a commenting system in place, get addresses and avatars set up, get the old posts activated, and oh BTW find a better editor!



(1) With appologies to Larisa

(2) This is not a dig at Tobold, it's a dig at the general attitude, no matter who expresses it.

(3) Pronounced "Muh MOR Puh Guh" according to Yahtzee.