Monday, May 17, 2010

I don't get out much

Last night we initially scheduled to work more on Rotface, but the MT couldn't make it and one of the DPS was on call (we have had a lot of EMTs here and there, as the GM pointed out).  It was decided that this would be a good time for a second weekly run, followed by finishing up our stalled VoA this week (did I mention that we were having "one of those week"?  We were!).

VoA wasn't available, though, because the battle was underway. Donning our PvP leotards, we jumped in and started blowing the bejebus out of anything that conned red.

In case you've missed this before, I don't do PvP, as a general rule. I did for a while in BC, just to grind badges, but eventually I got disgusted and stopped trying. Those of you that grind AB over and over again, you have my respect and sympathy.
Dude, we have 4/5, we win, just hold them! 

No, you don't need the Farm! 

GET BACK HERE YOU ...

aw, hell, they got the Stables ...

there goes the LM ...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHRARWRWARWRAWREGDGHGJHDFJKGHDFSJK

So, this was the first active battleground I've been in in a looooooooooong time.   And it was kinda fun.  Oh, I got capped a couple of times, but so did a LOT of hordies, including some on seige engines.  And with those damned tanks buzzing around, it was even more epic looking. I got ... hm, a couple of achievements, as well as 1st LT, [That Takes Class], and a few other odds and ends.

And, yes, we did finish off the boss. Jas and our main tree healer came in and did some SRS BSNS healing and we got the sucker.

The really interesting thing? My DPS is just 300 off our front-line Hunter. More on that in a bit.



The decided lack of forward progress on the blog is attributable to my frustration with the importer. I've given in to the notion that I need seperate accounts for each of the toons to get that to show the same way as on the old blog, but the importer doesn't understand user mapping, it appears, and once they are imported, there doesn't seem to be a way to change the user that posted it.

Back in the day, we prefaced entries with the name of the poster, posted an icon, and added a tag for the name of the poster so that we could filter based on that. We can do that again, but restoring the old posts in that idiom will be slow and painful.  And thus, lack of progress.

I'll probably install Disqus first, get wowhead links working, and THEN tackle that.

/le sigh