Saturday, February 27, 2010

This is my world: 2/28/10

Why is it, when I get what I think is a good idea, a dozen people start doing it before my plans come to fruition? I was thinking to myself how I could collect little unbloggable snippets and recommendations together for a weekend post, and suddenly I see it everywhere before my first one goes up.

Oh, well, I'm going to file it under "Great minds think alike" and move along.  Here are, in no particular order (even chronologically is pushing it), a number of things that I liked this week.
  • Amber gets philosophical on Cliques at I Like Bubbles.  I've been through a situation where cliques - MY clique -  was instrumental in Great Drama. I hate drama. It interrupts my favorite things.
  • I discovered Pike late in the game, so I have less attachment than others. That being said, it's sad to see a fellow traveler go away / go on hiatus. The final pic is perfect ((Look at the header.)). Hurry back, Pike, if you can. And if you just can't get enough, say hello to her at her new linux/geeky blog, Clockwork Hare.
  • Second only to BRK's tales of kiting the Fel Reaver into Shatt ((Well, not exactly.)), Spicytuna blogged a new kind of dirty trick.  Yes, it's griefing of a sort, I admit it. But it's griefing with style.  Next day, Frost Mage PVP: 101 picks up a subject that I have peripheral interest in from time to time.
  • Aw, say it ain't so!  Jong, leaving us, again? What of Megs? Quick, somebody set her up a guest post traveling gig or something. Or better yet, maybe Jong will change his mind!  I have learned so much from them both.
  • And Rhii, too?  What is going on? Well, not quitting, but when my GF started talking like that, I started making sure I had all my stuff where I could find it.  At the same time, Aurdon's giving his guild a well-deserved mid digit. You had me at "racist /g chat".
  • Leafshine links to some incredible WoW numbers. 20,000 servers? That's some serious heat!
  • WoW.com's Addon Spotlight uncovers something I might be interested in: Automaton.
  • Flora has been pointing excitedly at this article at WoW.com since it popped up in her reader. Finally, a kindred soul that believes that achiements should be hard. Werd.
  • Look, he's crawling up my wall / Black and hairy, very small / Now he's up above my head / Hanging by a little thread / Boris the spider - I'm perversely cheered that somebody else remembers that obscure little ditty.
  • Amber strikes again with the most awesome Friday Flowchart evar!  (Illume denies this is at all how it plays ou -- FLOWER!)
  • Hatch and Larisa (Sorry, Larisa, those special un-dots confuse me, so you get moar dots instead. I fail.) make cromulent observations about the matter of a group photo, a forum post, and the doin's thereof. See Also: Gabriel's Greater  Internet Dickwad Theory.  But, truly? The most shocking aspect is that somebody expected better of forum posters. A hive of scum and villainy, mark my words.
  • Ghostcrawler Promised me a Moose! - WoW.com spreads the word.
  • WHU shows that the BM changes in 3.3.3 aren't really all that. On the other hand, if I can get 8.7K dps, I won't care.
  • Apparently there was a Blizzard dev chat on Twitter, but I was feeling poorly and missed it.  Fortunately, it's up on the forums. I may, at some point, go have a read, though the last time I did that sort of analysis, "I" was Flora.