Friday, February 19, 2010

Random thoughts going in to the weekend

Thought the first:

I am Beeesmastar! I don't mind being dependent on my pet!
"We don’t want to buff the pet damage for BM any more for a couple of reasons. One is that it puts too much dependence on the pet."

You guys (Blizz) spent the better part of all of BC convincing us that that was, indeed, the intent, design, and raison d'etre of the entire Beastmaster spec! Now is hardly the time to say that you didn't really mean it.  Fer Mog's sake, ya gave us Exotic pets on top of everything else!  This screams out dependent on the pet, don't you think?

Yes! Yes, I do want to be dependent on my pet, a thousand and one times yes.  It's what sets us apart from MM and SV (Aside from the disparity in the contribution to any raid we may wish to attend).  I think I'm safe speaking for the Demon warlocks that they, too, are just dandy with the idea of coupling their DPS to the demon (Heck, the whole talent tree was shaken up drastically in 3.0 for that very reason - e.g. the oddity of a DEMON warlock sacrificing his or her demon to get moar DPS. Remember that? Wasn't that odd? Didn't it make sense to couple the Demonology warlock's abilities more tightly to the idea of having a pet that was alive?).

Listen, I want to improve my DPS contribution as much as the next huntard. But I don't want to do it if that means being the same thing as MM or SV with just a different shot rotation. That's boring.

BM I am, and BM I be, and I don't care if I don't see the inside of another raid dungeon because of it.  BM is the heart and soul of the class. It deserves to be treated at least equally with the others, and on its terms, not theirs (Come to think of it, why is SV more or less a clone of MM with a different rotation? I tried SV prior to 3.0 and it was a blast, but with a very distinct and fun playstyle. It's my alternate spec, now, and I have to say that I'm not impressed with the play-style, numbers be damned.).

Thing the Second:

Patch 3.3.3:
  • I dunno, sounds almost like I could toss AuctionLite completely.
  • Regarding hunter changes: not much to say, but they didn't have much to say, either.
  • I wonder if the multilevel instance map thing will work for old instances. Five gold says it won't.
  • I have nothing to say about the BG changes, though I suspect the hardcore PvPers do.