Thursday, October 22, 2009

Onoz, the horror!

Our Naxx run tonight was unusual in that we had more applicants than slots. I did volunteer to sit it out, but there were ... personality ... issues that would have made that problematic.

The GM actually asked me to lead the raid for a moment ... talk about blood running cold!

Don't get me wrong. I think I could do it, or at least as well as we usually do. But, to quote a former demon hunter ... I was not prepared.  I told the GM later that given a warning I will be more than happy to give it a try, and live with the results (likely: fail).

As it was, with three melee DPS, two ranged, three healers, and two tanks, we made it through Arachnid Okay but got hung up on Globbulus. Our melee DPS was taking massive damage, and it was just impossible to keep them up. In retrospect maybe I should have handed out healing assignments, but hindsight is 20/20, eh?

Ah well, a couple of peeps got upgrades, so I am "not prepared" to go emo over that.   Given the conversation that followed in vent I'm actually far from unhappy. Progress has odd little zigs and zags.