Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thanks, but no thanks

In the comments for a blog article about the new Warlock mechanics in CATA, some person commented that the changes might "make them dust off my level 70 lock again!"

Well.

Isn't that special?

Listen, if soul shard mechanics were make or break for them, they have other issues to deal with. If a change to how our spells work changed their outlook on the entire class, they're still probably not going to do so well.

There are a number of warlock bloggers that have stuck with the class for the last year; they have researched, toiled, practiced, and succeeded where Mister Dusty Level70 Warlock could not. They have the advantage in that they were willing to learn the class and excel with it. It just turns out that all those changes that made Warlocks look so gimped with the 3.0 patch were just misunderstood, and once understanding was achieved, the class is doing just fine, thanks, without the magical shard redo thingy.

So if they couldn't keep up then, what makes them think they will be able to in the future?

They should stick with Death Knight. Better for all concerned, I suspect. Kill off that dusty 'lock and roll up a Goblin Mage or something.

Don't mistake my tone for dislike of the new system. First, it's far from done. Second, I never said I didn't like it. I am neutral until I see it in action. It's just the way some people bail at the first sign of difficulty annoys me to no end.

Good luck with that DK.