Monday, July 6, 2009

Which way to the embassy?

Our guild stepped foot into Naxx last night for the first time in weeks. I think it was a combination of (a) the Naxx-25 experience aftershocks, and (b) the summer festival consuming the time of some of our more OCD officers in pursuit of flowers to buy things with.

Myself, I could not face that awful grind again. None of the clan could. So in some cases we downed quests for XP when convenient, we did not pursue the whole thing at all.

At any rate, our foray into Naxx met with some setbacks, but we cleared three wings, with only Military left.  Our newest Shadow Priest and Hunter obtained many drops, as there were few takers for the other stuff.

Unrelated but important topic ...

One thing you can say about the Argent Tournament is that, while no less grindy than normal faction grinds, at least it's convenient. For the past few weeks I've been doing two valiant and two champion quests each day, and that has gotten me a shiney new title and three new mounts, the latest which you see here outside of the used Elekk dealer's garage at The Exodar.

I have some loose ends to tie up but I am almost done with the valiant quests at this point. Then the long agonizing grind for pets and mounts.

I do it this way because I don't want to become like some others I've read, who can't bear to even look at the place anymore because they're burnt out from running all the quests every day.  That would burn out a saint.