Monday, June 1, 2009

Seven theories about Ferraro

amus_port_200
Warning: the following is an attempt at humor. Temerity Jane is a real person, and I did not make up her boyfriend on a dare. The internet, however, is fictional.

Aye, there's been a kerfluffle in the Paladin-verse. If you're not familiar with the story, WoW Insider has a good overview.

Even after the sniffing, interviewing, and research, there are still conflicting data points. Ferraro's own "meh culpa" obfuscates more than it clarifies, WoW Insider's IP snooping is less than comprehensive, and none of the alleged other perps have spoken up.

What, then, is going on here?

Well, I think we're far from exhausting all the possibilities, so let me list a few that may or may not have come up so far. Print this out, and as each is eliminated, line it out. When all is said and done, you'll have it narrowed down to one or two possibilities.
  1. One person, bad lying. The most elegant theory.
  2. One person, multiple personalities. Also fits the facts. In fact, Ms Townsend could be one of those personalities. I used to live with a gal that had MPD, and the differences between personalities are striking. One didn't smoke, the rest did. One wore contacts, the rest wore glasses. I wish I was joking but it's a real possibility.
  3. Multiple persons, just as "she" said. Only one which ever visited WoW Insider, I guess.
  4. She is the Dread Pirate Roberts. There will be no surviors!
  5. Jagoex. "She" said "other WoW blogs."  (("We run other WoW blogs, as well." - from the initial bullet list in her "meh culpa".)) Where better to hide than in plain sight? And traffic spikes? Well, let's consider that WoW Insider links usually kill sites dead, and leave it at that. Also, both blogs are on Blogspot. You know how unusual that is?  Wait. What?
  6. Sarah Townsend.  We're totally through the looking glass now, peeps.
  7. I'm Spartacus. No, really, it was me. The subterfuge is just too much to bear any more.  I'm also Matticus, Ratshag, and Temerity Jane. That last one is the hardest. I've never been able to make Phil as believable as I wanted to. I originally wanted to make him like Phil in Night Court but that caused flashbacks.
Well, as Jong said (post pulled, sorry), "lol@ Ferraro". Content stealing is such an un-paladinish thing to do.

But it might work for "Death Knight Shmeath Knight".

Which does not appear to be live yet.