Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The other shoe

Remember when I said that one of our Heroic Naxx boss encounters demonstrated that the priest healer (me) needed to work harder or something? And that homework might be required?

I was right. Just not the way I expected.

So, we were taking on Grand Widow Faerlina. In 10 man, when she enrages, you drag one of the adds over and kill it, which clears her enrage. We were doing this. We were dragging them over, and killing them. And yet she stayed enraged.

Those of you that have cleared Naxx-25 are already laughing and pointing.  I know.

Yes, folks ... in 25-man, the priest has to MC the add and cast Widows's Embrace. The one and only priest in this 25-man raid was, in fact, sweating her butt off trying to keep the tank veritcal.

You may laugh now.

On the other hand ... we did get the achievement Heroic: Momma Said Knock You Out. Booyah.

Let this be a lesson: always do your homework, and don't assume a Heroic is just an amped-up version of the normal mode. I should know this by now.

/facepalm

Our GM pointed out that the uber leet DPS druid and warlock pugs that we had didn't bother to point this out, either, but just left after the sixth or so wipe.   Of course, it's possible they didn't realize it. I've seen plenty of DPS that just gloss over details not relevant to pew pew pew. And I know that when Meta fires up Grimm or Flora these days, he's usually confused on some fights because he's only seen them through my eyes.

Well, that which does not kill us, makes us stronger.

Wait, what?