Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Gulp!

I'm healing Heroic Nexus tonight. I have not been doing a good job in there so far. I'm a little nervous.

It's possible that lack of DPS may have hurt us before. As one fellow blogger noticed, it does make quite the difference. But there's always a doubt in the back of my head that says I need to be doing a better job.

Last night we ran CoS and DK for the head pieces that are on my gear plan (yes, I have one now, but it's still in progress). One thing I failed to notice previously was that these pieces only drop in Heroic mode, so I didn't get what I was looking for. I got a staff and a mace, both which I am evaluating, so that's all for now on those - I'm not going to waste your time on what might become a Greater Cosmic Essence.

I have adjusted my playstyle a bit, laying off the big heals and focusing down on PW:S on my target, and keeping the Frisbee in play whenever it's available. The Frisbee is the closest thing I have to a good viable group heal, especially for insta-cast, so I was a frisbee-flinging fool last night. Whether that made a difference or not is hard to say - and we'll find out the hard way tonight whether it makes a difference for heroics - but for regular instances I was able to keep the team up for the most part (Well, except our mage keep forgetting the cardinal rule of aggro - run TO the tank - and got squished twice because I couldn't get off the tank fast enough).

That's assuming we have the DPS. We need at least two DPSers doing over 1000 DPS for this to work, I think. Last time we had one ranged doing 1500+ and two melee doing sub-1000.

Well, good luck to us.