Friday, January 9, 2009

Yes, we're still here

As much as I hate making obligatory "still alive" posts, I probably should since I haven't posted in a while. I've been jotting down random stuff but not posting it.

My main job has been to stock Jasra with enchantment materials. As of yesterday, she officially broke 350, so my services in this capacity are no longer required. I managed to even solo a few Outland instances with my trusty Gorilladin. Ramps and BF both fell before me. Underbog fell other than the final boss, and I probably just need to tweak my strategy for him. Slave Pens, no problem. Steam Vaults ... maybe later.

Of all the Classic instances, Strat and Scholo seem to be the best sources of items that DE to Eternal Essences. I decided to camp out at Light's Hope Chapel and do the Dead side of strat over and over again in the hopes of also getting Rivendare's mount. Alas, it was not to be. After ten tries, it didn't drop. I did get the Dwarven Hand Cannon, and passed it on to my sweetie.

One thing that is important to remember on Baroness Anastari is that she will Mind Control you and heal back up if you are in a group, but will not if you are solo. What this means to Huntards, DKs, and Locks is: put yer pet away and pew pew.

I also managed to pop Exalted with the Argent Dawn. Yay.

I would be more effective on these solo expeditions if Saiph, my Gorilladin, was higher level (currently 76, but was 75 for the bulk of this adventure).  At the same time, I need to gather Northsea Pearls for Jasra's tailoring. Unfortunately, I only have two choices: go after the murlocs and gorlocs in The starter areas, which give Saiph no XP, or go after the gorlocs in Sholazar, which are, you know, Oracles. Unfortunately, since I am of Oracle faction, option #2 is out of the question. So I've been also going after Jormungar Tunnelers in Dragonblight, which is good for my leather skilling too.

In the process of getting Jas some more Arcane Dust, I managed to ding Exalted with Cenarion Expedition, and am now the proud owner of a Cenarion War Hippogryph. Jas is not amused since the 1600 gp required came out of her Epic Mount fund. Sorry, Jas. I'm pulling rank.

Aside from that, it's been quiet. Jas has been hogging the limelight and may have big news soon. I'll give you a hint: she's 79 now.

Our guild has pretty much fallen apart. We had a couple of high-end defections, including one officer's alt, to the usual suspect's guild, and I think that broke the GM, or initiated events behind the scenes that accomplished that - though the ennui itself is cleverly disguised as "burnout".  But one can draw lines between cause and effect pretty easily if one keeps one's eyes open.

So - we are back to pure casual, not "casual raiding" as we were before. Things have panned out pretty much in a predictable fashion. We're right back where we were when Grimmtooth Mk I quit the game in disgust. I think I might "heal through" the drama right now to see what is on the other side. I suspect, however, that there are at least five other people that will leave before it is all over.