Friday, January 23, 2009

On the Importance of Hit

The other night I was asked to come along for OK. I really shouldn't have. For all intents and purposes, we 4 1/2-manned that instance because of my level and  hit rating.

The report was clear: I missed a lot. Even the tank topped me in terms of DPS.

This is no surprise, really. I've been on the back burner for the most part. My gear is not the greatest. A lot of greens, no DS3 pieces, very few epics, not much from Kara (not many Kara runs). Going in, I'm undergeared.

The other reason? Well, even A-N is greyed out for me. I'm below level there.

Still, it outlines the complete and utter importance of HIT for DPS classes. No Pew Pew without HIT. Load up on RAP or Spell Power all you want, but they are useless if you don't actually connect.

Well, it was fun doing something other than picking flowers for a change. :) It's really strange ... having to worry about dying and stuff.

I did manage to top the meters later on with three DKs and a priest in Ramparts. Sweet, sweet, e-peen.

Fashion related note: I really hate the idea of getting rid of these goggles. But the day will come. That's it. No point. Just grumbling over my absynthe.