Friday, December 5, 2008

Arthas. Meh.

OK, everybody is all agog at how this expansion involves "personal interaction with the Lich King" as they progress.

Well, speaking as someone that has interacted, let's get some things out of the way:
  1. That armor has to go. What, is it padded with three inches of wool on all sides? The guy looks like the Staypuft Marshmallow Man with a skull motif! Last time I looked, Arthas wasn't Fat Bastard's long lost brother, but rather svelt and muscular.  Also, he's like 12 feet tall. Overcompensating, much? Is this the result of sitting encased in a bunch of ice for four years? Because if it is, I might follow along.
  2. Personal interaction to date has amounted to (a) killing me in the spirit world - petty harassment, really - (b) taunting me and my partner in the Tundra, and (c) killstealing from me in Zul'Drak.
I imagine that now that I am questing in Icecrown that I'll run into him again. Probably another killsteal. But really, this so-called "personal interaction" so far has painted him pretty much as a mustache-twirling villian more than anything. What's next - tying my pet to railroad tracks?

I hope they make him a little more interesting soon. And some work on that model would be nice, too, though we have little hope of that happening.