Friday, November 7, 2008

Sorry for all the quiet

I'm sure I could come up with any number of excuses, but the fact is that I've been loathe to blog about what is going on in Azeroth with regards to myself and the troops. The upshot is that it has largely ceased to be fun. I log in to carry out maintenance, keep everyone fresh, but that's all. There is no sense of anticipation of enjoyment associated with the game at this point in time.

I've basically given up on raiding at this point. For some people it's all about the lewt, whether its theirs or somebody else's, and if they don't see things go thier way in that regard, everybody hears about it in tedious, neverending, whining, pedantic detail. They suck all the fun out of raiding, or instances in general. I can't even enjoy the world events because of the very same people.

We're also tending to log in and play less because of another faction of people that seem to enjoy whining and griping in obscenity-laced detail about every single terrible injustice that Blizz has done to their class(es). OK, guys, Blizz nerfed half the classes in the game (I do not lie. Palli, Frost Mage, Warlock, Druid.). You are not a special and unique snowflake. Get over yourselves and please allow the rest of us to have a little fun, OK?

(Side note: why is it that people that know how to adapt and overcome obstacles aren't crying? Maybe it's because they don't follow cookie-cutter character templates and learn why things work instead of how to blindly follow instructions on the back of a cereal box. Food for thought.)

It's so bad right now that I haven't even gone out and ordered the expansion. Whether it would be used is seriously in question. I've got the Morrowind CD sitting on my desk right now, along with RRT3 and Civ4, and ever day I get closer to installing them. If that happens, this blog will go on hiatus.

So that's what's on my mind. Sorry for the lack of posting, but really - do you need an emo dwarf?

No. No, you don't.