Monday, November 17, 2008

Ah ... the fjords.

Well, it didn't take Grimm long to tucker himself out and head for a nice room in the B&B at Boring Tundra or whatever. Since he's been hogging all the glory in the Tundra, I went for the road less travelled. We do have a strategy here. He's scouted out what I'll need to get Nexus quests done, and I'm scouting Utgard for him. It's a fair trade.

I have 4500 gold in the bank - that close to getting the epic flyer - and I am at an impasse about what to do about it. At 77 I'll get to fly again, but it almost seems silly to fuss about it now. I'll probably go ahead and get it, but it's such a tough call.

Crafting! My first frostweave items have minor upgrades to my current T4 mitts and badge belt. Or they at least have higher damage. I have to see how it all comes together. Oh, but it's going to be such a long grind to 450. I am all of two points in. You don't even get credit for frostweave bolts now.  I don't have the chops to take on master enchanting yet, unfortunately. Fortunately I did for cooking.

While this zone is largely linear and offers magnificent vistas, the main quest hubs are spread out and sometimes difficult to get to. I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get out of the fjord.  And some of the quests ... well, there are two harpoon guns and a bunch of people queuing up. It's anyone's guess if the guy in front of you is smarter than the harpoon gun. Light knows I wasn't, the first time. On the flip side: riding a harpoon across the valley is a blast, so to speak.

Aside from a few setbacks, so far so good. Demon is still an excellent grinding build. I'm looking forward to a raid to guage myself so I can then move on to full Destro and test it out too.

I've come across a couple of Utgard quests but need to get them all. We'll see how that goes.

Finally ... during a spirit journey, I got snagged by the Lich King himself. He showed the angels there how to properly handle such as myself. He squished me like a bug. He says I'm not ripe, though, so I have that going for me.