Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Somebody Else's Problem

I've been going through a bit of a funk lately. I've hit a DPS plateau and I'm not sure what to do with it. We have another hunter in the game, geared lower than myself, who blows me away on DPS. His secret? 3:2 macro tied to his mouse scroll wheel.

He sits there and plays with the scroll wheel.

Twiddles it.

No skill, no effort. Just spam.

I'm being out-DPSed by SPAM, folks.

So what's the solution to this, aside from a total re-roll?

Well, I've decided that it's going to be somebody else's problem. I refuse to turn into a mindless bot ruled by a mouse wheel, so I'm going to tough it out until 3.0 hits, then adjust my play accordingly. Autoshot won't clip, and Aimed will be instant cast, so shot weaving - and the raison d'etre of those cursed macros - will be irrelevant.

Also: probably respeccing Survival for now. If I can't bring the hurt, I'll at least improve my CC utility.

So.

Clefthoof meat, anyone?