Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh noez, not again!


The only thing constant is change.
-- Some dude
The change is minimal, but I think I should explain. All I'm doing is changing the title.

Back when I first started this blog, I was all chuffy with the pure hunter-ness of things, and felt I had found my meaning in - virtual - life. The alts were there just to be alts, nothing more, and I was the star of the show.

Then something interesting happened; they started taking on a life of thier own. First Flora, then Illume, then Jasra ... one by one, they started gaining substance and personality. And I realized they all had something to say, each something unique to contribute.

Now, we're a collective. Now, we all have stories to tell and sights to see. Heck, I'm not even the main raider any more - Flora's taken the front row there, and little Jas is well on the way to eclipsing all of us.

So the name of the blog just wasn't right any more.

This morning, the new title presented itself. I let it hang out with me for a while, get used to the idea, but here at the end of the day I'm left believing it's the right tag.

My name, I have remarked, is a tribute to a certain troll that ruled the underworld in the long-gone era of plastic polyhedra, and as such this blog's new name is a double tribute of that most devious and marvelous of  compendiums, Grimtooth's Traps.