Thursday, September 25, 2008

No wonder they keep him in the basement - he's uglay!

I got my first exposure to 25-man content today; there was a planned Gruul's run that started earlier than I could attend, but as luck would have it, they were feeling saucy and wanted to go for Magtheridon as well, and I got a call from the RL and the GL at the same time.

Needless to say, we wiped and wiped good, but we got him down to 25% on the third try.

My damage output was, well, better than I expected on the 3rd try (Replay says 2nd place, I refuse to believe it caught all the outputs though) , overall I was contributing 7% of the total damage out, on the low end of that band in 9th place (But this includes a changeout of players on two occasions).

For me, this was a learning experience. One can read all one can, and still not get the same idea as one gets from running an instance and facing a boss. I now know exactly what is meant when they say they need me for banishes and fears, what is meant by a "cave in", what is meant by  "click your cubes", and so on. Next time I can contribute a lot more to the fight.

The other thing was that I got exposed to people outside of our guild (One of them being from the Guild That Shall Not Be Named), and people that were not total scrubs and newbs. Believe it or not, I don't normally associate outside of the guild, and am often surprised that people outside a small circle of friends can actually speak without saying "lol" every other word.

Well, it's been a day. Lockie go night night now.