Monday, August 4, 2008

Nope. Haven't got a thing to say.

There are things to be writing about, but this isn't one of 'em.

Looking around the blogging world, I am seeing a lot of authorative-sounding comments on new powers and abilities that will come out with the next expansion.

Or not.

And that's the problem, ya see.

Besides the fact that I see mages pontificating about magely things and so on, the fact is that the vast majority of these people haven't actually experienced what it is they are speaking of. So I have to say, it comes across as pontificating and nothing more, and I immediately have to move on else I'll fall asleep at the keyboard.

My pledge to you is this: I shall not do this. I may see something that excites me, and I'll share my excitement. But predict how these things are gonna work? No, a thousand times!

They may change. Between now and release especially, but also especially after the release in following patches. Do the words "Not working as intended" ring any bells? Aye, me too.

So it's all pointless, as far as I am concerned.

Ah, you say. But what if I got a beta invite? Well, certainly I've put in for one, even if it was somewhere on the long tail of the rush for keys. But if an invite should come, I doubt I'd use it.

Why, you may ask?

Well ... mostly because this game is about the people I play with. It is not about being the "fustest with de mostest". Unless my guild is there, what I see in the beta will be pretty hollow.

So why put in for the beta key at all?

Because there are a couple of people that will just die if I get an invite and turn it down.

Flora made me.