Sunday, June 15, 2008

That could have gone better

This week's Kara run was a bit on the rocky side. No hunters, for one thing. That really hurts for crowd control. But, also, I think we've gotten too much crossover of first tier DPS to Kara2, to the point where Kara1 has some problems brewing. I'm thinking Grimm needs to come back to K1 while our other hunter sticks with K2, as well as myself.

There were plenty of surprises along the way. We one-shot the entire front half, despite a few bumps along the way. We one-shot Curator. And then we hit Aran and choked. Time and time again. We tried personnel changes. We tried a lot of things. We got him down to 1% twice, but we never actually did him in.

One problem: I'm new to this fight, and haven't gotten the hang of positioning. During the Elemental phase, that means there are four elementals running around shooting things. But I don't know if that's really all there is to it.

Another problem: in the post mortem analysis of the damage data, it is obvious that most of the DPS in the group is not pulling its weight. Our GL - one mage - was responsible for 21% of all damage dealt in this raid. The next ranking damage dealer was a mage with a total of 15%. Quite a jump. I myself was putting out 12% of all damage, which is way below what a DPS should be doing.

Anyway.

Despondent, we slogged up to Chess and completed that for the free badges and epics, and then just for the heck of it we went for Prince. Believe it or not, we were victorious! So back down the stairs we went to give Aran one more shot.

Still, no love there.

My Tier 4 token dropped, but the bad news is that it is not yet a huge upgrade over what I already had. And I was able to get together enough badges to pick up the Shawl of Shifting Probabilities, so there's some win there.

We may go after Aran tonight.