Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The shinies, they so pretty

The GM sucked me and some others into a 5v5 Arena team.

It's not as bad as I expected. I mean, there's no doubt, I purely suck at PvP - when they get inside of ranged attack range, I turn into a little girly man in armor. I'm geared for pew pew pew so that's how I roll. Any PvPer worth his or her salt is going to have "disrupting the Huntard" pretty high on the priority list.

So I wasn't expecting enjoyment or fun.

Fortunately, it was a lot less heinous than I expected. Yes, I (and Flora) got pwned multiple times. At the same time, I was actually in a match that we won (I was astounded, too!), and the team as a whole won two others as well.

Whiling away the time between matches, I chatted up the vendors. My, oh, my, there are some pretty Professor Plums in there. Most of them sacrifice one or the other ranged damage or spell crit for a bit more durability or armor or what-not, but still, these are some excellent pieces that would even be of use in an instance.

So: we'll see how it goes, I guess.

At least it doesn't suck like battlegrounds.