Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tasty pudding

Our senior tankadin (who also has a hunter that puts me to shame) demonstrated last night why she's the cat's pajamas; Shattered Halls, no CC used at all. I mean, she could have thrown us a stinking bone here, but nooo!

Perhaps the most impressively awesome part was when she ran the flame gauntlet - "Don't attack anything, just follow me to the end and we'll kill them all there". I'm serious.

I've got a great idea: next time, we'll all just wait at the entrance for her to bring all the bosses to us. We can get caught up on our armor polishing. Light knows, mine is tarnished in places.

When I grow up I want to be that good.

The new 2.4 patch is really looking tasty. One thing is the progressive daily quests that slowly unlock the instance content. WoWInsider has a great write up of phase 1 here. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that parts of this are components from WotLK's new World PVP areas, and 2.4 is partly being used as a test platform for new concepts and designs.

It's all very exciting, and I'm glad to see that this new content is a lot more interesting than Zul'Aman, which comes across as "just another instance". My only regret is that the raid instance is 25-man. That pretty much guarantees I will never see it. But at least we get to smoosh Kael in the 5-man, so it's all good.