Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Shame on you, Blizzard!


Back when patch 2.3 hit, a new critter was added that was inadvertently tamable by hunters. This was the fabulous Ghost Wolf. Blizzard didn't intend it to be tamable, but they came out and officially said that they thought it was neato and would leave it in.

And as of patch 2.3.2, or thereabouts, that changed and the Ghost Wolf is gone.

I have read several discussions over this, but here is the best overview of my feelings on the matter.

Specifically: Blizzard lied. Not only that, but a lot of people went and blew money on things they normally would not have to prepare, and are now left with an inventory of things they probably don't need, in preparation for something that they cannot have.

Shoddy. Very, very shoddy. And Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves.

I would like to note that I had no intention at all of taming one, but I do feel for those that did.

Because of this, I am off to tame a Ghost Saber. Why? Because they might change thier mind in 2.4, and somebody in my guild should have one.

Again: shame. on. you. bliz.