A raiding guild on our server has made a serious habit of
Word came down last night in guild chat that said
Um. Do we get a vote? It's our guild, after all.
While it would probably give us some more fodder for our Kara raids, I have objections.
1) We are nobody's trash heap.
2) We are not begging for scraps at the master's table.
3) We do not know these people (and we already have a silent guild within the guild that never interacts with us).
4) We will not provide training and experience to people just so they can pack out and leave when The Master deigns to grace them with a re-invite.
In my opinion, a grueling interrogation should be required with extremely sharply defined requirements for membership, and no access to the guild bank until some arbitrary condition is met.
I seriously resent this crap.
Here are my questions to my guildies:
- Do you consider yourself to be friends with the people in this guild?
- If so, how is it that you reconcile abandoning your "friends" at the first sign of an easier path to gratification?
Yes, I am very annoyed at the mere possibility.